This is a post written for all you girls out there. Let's talk a little about those "days of the month."
Do you feel that they are sometimes impossible to enjoy? Why? Yes, they can be annoying; we have mood swings, cramps, bloated sensations, and so on. So, in order to make them a little more bearable, I made a list of the things I do to soothe those symptoms.
- I try pretend those days are no different than any others (if you think "I have my period, therefore I am moody," or things like that, it's more likely you will react that way to things.
- I just let myself go with the flow, meaning I do what I feel like doing and avoid doing what I don't feel like doing. For instance, sometimes I plan on going to the gym, but then I change my mind, and I go home to relax instead.
- I like getting cozy, especially during those days. I try to use soft/warm [if the weather allows it]/comfortable clothing. If I watch t.v at home, I cover myself with a blanket, etc.
- Eat/drink something you love-- but be careful, apparently there are some things to avoid too [see below]. Get a yummy dessert, a nice warm coffee or tea, or your favorite sandwich...
- For cramps, I either drink hot oregano tea or-- for faster results-- I take two Advil tablets. But if you don't like taking pills, try the tea :)
Here are two articles that have some other good tips!
PMS Worries: 8 Tips to Beat Those Days of the Month
Before I finish, let me tell you quickly about one more website: MyMonthlyCycles.Com
It helps you track your periods, symptoms, ovulation days, average cycle length, etc. You can set up reminders for next periods, fertile days, and more. You can plan a pregnancy due date better. Check it out here!
I hope you're "special days" are a little bit brighter from now on :)