Queen Greatest Hits Contest








As I have written before; I am a fan of Queen. There is a contest started by the Queen Group on Facebook, and I am going to participate because 1) I had already thought about writing more about my favorite Queen songs 2) I can now do it with a chance of winning something!
So here is my list [I must acknowledge there are Queen songs I have not heard yet, so this list could change one day]

- Killer Queen
Killer Queen is on my list because it's one of the songs aside from the popular Bohemian Rhapsody, and We Are The Champions, that made me like Queen and be more interested in the band. I love the style, the tempo, the lyrics, and the highs and lows of the voices, especially in the part "she's a killer, queeeeeeeen..."The chorus has original descriptions of a person: "gunpowder gelatin, dynamite with a laser beam." This is also a song that makes me visualize Freddie's playful personality. Plus it always makes me wonder who inspired it.

- Good Old-fashioned Lover Boy
Again, a song with great rhythm and playfulness. What I like about this song as well, is that it is very honest. I don't recall any other songs that have given me a glimpse of a singer's private life more than this one. Freddie is not afraid to sing about this; and I love that.

- I Want To Break Free
I cannot listen to this song without imagining the video and laughing at the image in my head of Freddie and the vacuum cleaner. Again Freddie is not afraid of doing what he feels like doing! Polemic arose in the US because of the video, or so I read, but I find it very funny. That's one reason, but aside of that, I love the song for what it is! It's one of those pieces that make me raise the volume in my car, lower the windows, feel the air... and feel free! My favorite part is the middle, only instrumental, a lot of guitar. Love it!

- The Show Must Go On
When I feel sad or something, this song reminds me of strength. The lyrics are powerful, but behind it all is the knowledge that Freddie did this with not much strength left. That whole album...
When I am reminded of the horrible things that happen in this world, I hear this song too. What are we living/looking for? Another hero, another mindless crime...
Additionally, this song contains one, if not my favorite, Queen phrase "my soul is painted like the wings of butterflies, fairy tales of yesterday will grow but never die, I can fly my friends!" I try to live happily, and to keep my inner child always alive, so I love this phrase.

- Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Here is a song that always makes me dance, or if I'm in my car, move around however I can. I love the simplicity of the lyrics, yet the powerful message behind... how crazy and complicated love is. I love the style of the song, because I think it's unique within Queen's large collection... reminds me of Elvis, whom I also like!


And that concludes my top 5 favorite Queen songs list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes! Put your cursor on that lovely white box and start typing :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails