Memories That Make Me Giggle- #1




I think I've always been in love with love. When I was a teenager, I would create scenarios in my head of how I was going to meet my first boyfriend; every time I liked someone, I thought--and hoped-- that would be the person I would end up marrying; I was also given the nickname "Dr. Heart" [by I don't remember who] at one point in high school because I simply liked to talk about it and was good at giving advice to my girlfriends; I also had silly celebrity crushes like most girls do. One that I particularly remember is an old actor, Errol Flynn. Little did I care/know(?) that he was way dead when I saw him in one of my dad's favorite movies. I still had a dream about him in which he was inside some sort of pick up truck and invited me to jump in for a ride. How lovely; I did not want to wake up [and I was just like... 10 ?? 11??]. Anyway... I like writing about these memories. One day they will make me smile and giggle when I read them again. Who was your childhood crush?


3 comments:

  1. I am the same way: in love with love. Every guy I got into a relationship (even if I knew it probably wouldn't float), I hoped would be the one that lasted. I'm super monogamous.
    Right now I'm in a relationship with a great guy who is different from all the ones before, and I'm very happy. :)
    However, I've had plenty of crushes.. many on either classmates or singers in bands I like. I went through a period when I was completely infatuated with Ryan Ross from Panic at the Disco. Which is strange, because my boyfriend now looks nothing like Ryan Ross.
    Do you find that what you think you like ends up being completely different from what you're happiest with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love thinking about all of my old crushes, though they were mostly on real-life boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do find that sometimes what I'm happy with is different than what I envisioned. A small example of that is that I used to love blonde guys; I imagined I would end up falling in love with one. But my boyfriend of 7 years (counting long distance) has dark hair, dark eyes. He's like a mix of Paul McCartney and actor Jim Sturgess. In a similar way, I always thought I would be an architect, and just recently I've discovered some personality traits I have, which make me be more enthusiastic about photography than architecture. Who knows what will happen!

    ReplyDelete

Yes! Put your cursor on that lovely white box and start typing :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails