Fruitylicious!




Doesn't it feel good when we eat something we like and we know that is healthy for us at the same time? For some reason, I have the impression that a lot of people only feel that way when eating vegetables. Well you should include fruits too! Yes, fruits have sugar but it's natural sugar. You may be surprised by how much fruit intake is recommended to you when you read your food pyramid (http://www.mypyramid.gov/). In my case, my recommendation is 2 cups. What I like to do sometimes is to type: benefits of [whatever fruit I'm eating] on google and feel great while eating my fruit. Try it :P

Today I ate a mandarin orange, and I will eat grapes later. Here is what I found on them:


In addition to providing half of your daily vitamin C needs, mandarins are also loaded with hesperidin, a citrus antioxidant famous for its bioavailability -- or good absorption into the blood stream.


Not only are grapes a good source of vitamins A and C, but you’ll also find vitamin B6 and folate in these fruits of the vine. And that’s not all. Minerals like potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and selenium, as well as trace amounts of copper, manganese, and zinc are also present in grapes. You’ll also get some fiber and protein from grapes. Additionaly, grapes have an abundant amount of flavonoids... very powerful antioxidants.


Now how awesome it would be if pastries and other desserts had the same effect :P



sources: article 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes! Put your cursor on that lovely white box and start typing :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails