Fabulous Fridays: Coffee



This post is dedicated to that amazing black beverage that I never get tired of drinking and that I will be enjoying a lot this Fall & Winter: Coffee





Quote(s): There are many today! I threw some silly ones in there as well :)

"Suave molecules of Mocha stir up your blood, without causing excess heat; the organ of thought receives from it a feeling of sympathy; work becomes easier and you will sit down without distress to your principal repast which will restore your body and afford you a calm, delicious night."  ~Prince Talleyrand


Black as the devil, Hot as hell,
Pure as an angel, Sweet as love. ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand


"Over second and third cups flow matters of high finance, high state, common gossip and low comedy.  [Coffee] is a social binder, a warmer of tongues, a soberer of minds, a stimulant of wit, a foiler of sleep if you want it so.  From roadside mugs to the classic demi-tasse, it is the perfect democrat."  ~Author Unknown


"He was my cream, and I was his coffee -
And when you poured us together, it was something." ~Josephine Baker


Silly ones:
Deja Brew:  The feeling that you've had this coffee before.  ~Author Unknown
Be a coffee-drinking individual - espresso yourself!  ~Author Unknown
Do I like my coffee black?  There are other colors?  ~Author Unknown
Everybody should believe in something.  I believe I'll have another coffee.  ~Author Unknown
C:\COFFEE.POT missing (A)bort (R)etry (F)all asleep?  ~Author Unknown
if(pot.coffee=EMPTY) {programmer->;brain=OFF};  ~Author Unknown




Song: Jars Of Clay - Coffee Song

[Call it obsession, call it fanatical
I am not trying to make this a spectical
But I have this craving that justifies behaving
I really need some of that...
Chorus:
Oooh, good coffee, strong coffee
I need to have some...]



Thought: Well, it's obvious I like coffee. But, unlike many people, I don't love it because of the caffeine and its effects... I like coffee because just its smell can remind me of things I enjoy... a unique flavor, warmth, coziness, an afternoon with my mom, an hour with a friend, hazelnut & pumpkin, etc. Every morning I look forward to my coffee and toasts :) I don't care how strong it is, in fact I like it regular.  I love it when they serve it in real cups, but I don't mind a nice latte with whip cream and foam inside a cardboard one.  Oh and I also like how it naturally makes me put my fingers together and close my eyes as I take my first sip. 


I hope you have a very fun weekend!
xoxo
Marcela


2 comments:

  1. hey there thanks for the nice comment.
    i just love making new blog friends
    i am now following you

    love your blog
    have a great one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcela, thanks for your sweet comments on my last post and if you decide too I would love if you quoted me, thanks so much for saying that you might do that. I don't particularly like coffee but I love the smell and caffeine is definitely nice when I want to stay awake. Ha ha, otherwise it makes me sort of jittery. Nice coffee quotes though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yes! Put your cursor on that lovely white box and start typing :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails