Fabulous Fridays: Halloween!




Hello lovely people! I feel cheerful today; maybe it's the Halloween spirit, maybe it's simply because it's Friday. But anyway, since tomorrow is Halloween, today's post will be dedicated to that. Let me give you some quotes, songs, images, and a thought ---> as my way of wishing you a very happy weekend. Oh, and I know it seems I put more quotes each time... I am too indecisive; there are many I like!

Quotes ^^ Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days.  ~Unknown

^^ Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen,
Voices whisper in the trees, "Tonight is Halloween!"
~Dexter Kozen

^^ Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold.  ~Judith Olney

^^ Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

^^ On Halloween, witches come true;
Wild ghosts escape from dreams.
Each monster dances in the park....
~Nicholas Gordon

^^ Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.  ~Steve Almond

^^ 'Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world.
~William Shakespeare

^^ Nothing beats a haunted moonlit night on All Hallows Eve.... And on this fatal night, at this witching time, the starless sky laments black and unmoving.  The somber hues of an ominous, dark forest are suddenly illuminated under the emerging face of the full moon.  ~Kim Elizabeth

^^ This Halloween, the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask.  And the best part?  With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him.  ~Conan O'Brien

Here are two favorite Halloween songs of mine. The first one just makes me want to dance like a zombie; the second one is from an awesome little movie!

{...They did the mash
It caught on in a flash
They did the mash
They did the monster mash 
Zombies were having fun 
The party had just begun 
The guests included Wolf Man 
Dracula and his son...}

{...In this town we call home
Everyone hail to the pumpkin song [...]
I am the clown with the tear-away face
Here in a flash and gone without a trace
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
I am the wind blowing through your hair]...}

Thought: The first time I remember enjoying Halloween a lot, was after spending one here in the US as a kid--my other Halloweens were in Peru until I came to Texas in 2004-- and ending up with an amount of candy I never had before.  It definitely has a lot of spirit here.  I don't necessarily agree with all the crazy spending some people do, but I do like how much effort is put into making it a fun night. It's also nice to see how excited children get. As for us adults... dressing up is so much fun! This year, despite wanting to be Sailor Moon, I will dress up as Princess Leia as a favor to a friend :D  What will you be? Well I hope all of you vampires, witches, superheroes, movie characters, monsters, and ghosts have an amazing weekend! (This goes to everyone of course... even those who won't dress up). I leave you with a picture I found that looks kind of Sleepy Hollow-ish!



4 comments:

  1. i feel cheerful today as well...but i think its because i get to spend some time with my family this weekend...have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post brought back memories of what Halloween was like when I lived in London :) Here (NZ), Halloween goes by unnoticed! If it wasn't for blog posts like this, I'd have probably forgotten all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in your costume! I was a little ladybug. It wasn't very elaborate. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Yes! Put your cursor on that lovely white box and start typing :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails